What is Keno and How To Win?
If you ever find yourself waiting for a spot at a poker table and do not feel like playing the slot machines, you may want to consider Keno. Keno is a large board filled with numbers. The Keno dealer drops a ball on to the board, which lands on a number. The goal of Keno is to bet on the number the ball hits on the board. Keno is a largely based on luck, but there are a few techniques you can use to improve your chances.
Five Tips for Improving Your Keno Winnings
1. Bet on several numbers. One of the best ways to increase your odds of wining is to place more then one bet. Players are allowed to place bets on as many Keno numbers as they wish. Try splitting your bet in to two or more numbers on the board.
2. Place a bet on the top line. Every time you bet on the Keno board, be sure to place at least one bet on a number that falls in the top line. The top line of the board is hit five out of seven times on average.
3. Change your numbers when they pay off. Since the hits on the Keno board are random, you have a better chance of winning if you vary the numbers you play. After one of your numbers has won, switch to another number on the board.
4. Cover as much of the board as possible. Once the Keno ball is dropped, it can land any where on the board. Hedge your bets by covering as much of the board as possible. You do not have to place a bet on every number on the board, but try to separate your numbers so they cover the whole board, rather then betting on several numbers together.
5. Keep your numbers until they win. Once you have placed several bets covering a large area of the board, it is best to hold those bets until at least a few of them have paid off. The odds are the Keno ball will land on those numbers at some point in the game.
Remember that Keno is a game based on luck. While there is some strategy you can use to improve your odds of winning, Keno should really only be played for fun, or as a way to pass the time between poker matches.